Bill 43 2001
An Act to amend the
City of Greater Sudbury Act, 1999
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1. Subsection 7 (2) of the City of Greater Sudbury Act, 1999 is repealed and the following substituted:
(2) The city is to be represented on the board of health by seven persons appointed by city council.
(3) Of the persons appointed under subsection (2),
(a) at least one must be a person who is member of city council; and
(b) at least one must be a person who is not a member of city council.
2. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
3. The short title of this Act is the City of Greater Sudbury Amendment Act, 2001.
The bill alters the composition of the board of health so that, of the seven members appointed by city council, at least one member must be a member of city council and at least one member must not be a member of city council. The Act currently provides that all members of the board of health appointed by city council are members of city council.