Selected students will have a unique opportunity to experience democracy at work, as they participate in this educational, interactive three-day program at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, culminating in a simulated session in the Chamber.
- Experience first-hand how provincial parliament functions, and gain a better understanding of the key roles in parliament and government
- Observe the Legislature in session
- Meet key figures in Ontario’s Parliament
- Participate in online discussion forums via Microsoft Teams, and in party/leadership selections
- Workshop a provincial bill; draft questions and/or responses
- Participate in interactive sessions and a mock debate in the Legislative Chamber
- Foster friendships with like-minded peers from across Ontario
- Earn a certificate of recognition upon successful completion of the program and all assignments
What’s included during the three-day program:
- Continental breakfast and lunch each day
- Welcome reception including dinner
- Transportation costs for one roundtrip per participant to attend the program. Travel costs will only be covered if the student resides further than 50km from the Legislative Building in Toronto. Train, bus, air and GO Transit travel will be reimbursed; mileage will not be reimbursed. Please consider the most cost-effective mode of transportation. For air and train travel, we will reimburse economy tickets; upgraded travel will not be covered (receipts will be required).
- Supervision during program hours from approximately 8:00 am to 5:00 pm