The legislative precinct grounds are made up of the land south of Wellesley Street West and between Queen’s Park Crescent East and Queen’s Park Crescent West. The grounds can be booked ahead of time for permitted activities. Some of the permitted activities include:
- public assemblies, such as demonstrations, protests, vigils, or rallies (application required)
- ceremonial visits
- official visits
- parliamentary or protocol activities
- special events on behalf of the Legislative Assembly
Book a demonstration, protest, or rally
Peaceful demonstrations or rallies are welcome and expected. We will make every effort to co-operate and help you plan your event.
If you want to book the grounds, please read our application form (PDF) and accompanying policy carefully. You can direct any questions to the Investigative Liaison Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org). The unit can also be reached by phone at 416-325-2900, or by fax at 416-325-9912.
- Please complete the entire form before submitting it. Include any supporting or additional information. If applicable, complete the drone application form.
- Allow the Legislative Protective Service (LPS) at least ten business days prior to the date of your event to process your application. Large events may require more processing time.
- The LPS will arrange a time to meet with you. During the meeting, they will review your application, the rules for using the grounds, and the logistics of your activity.
- Contact the Investigative Liaison Unit to request detailed guidelines.
Forms and policies
- Application for demonstrations and special events on the legislative grounds (PDF)
- Drone application form
- Use of the Assembly grounds policy
For information about demonstrations, protests, rallies, etc.:
Legislative Protective Service Investigative Liaison Unit
For information about ceremonies, events, protocol activities, etc.:
Parliamentary Protocol and Public Relations Branch
Accessibility, Records and Open Parliament
99 Wellesley St. W.,
Toronto, ON M7A 1A2