Why Apply? Post Secondary Model Parliament
Participants will have the opportunity to experience democracy at work! This authentic educational experience consists of an interactive and engaging three-day program at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario in Toronto, where students will:
- Learn about provincial parliament, its function and the roles of the government vs. the opposition, and the different roles in the Legislature
- Discover how decisions are made in Ontario's Parliament and how they can become active citizens
- Meet key figures in Ontario’s Parliament
- Participate in workshops, interactive sessions and a parliamentary simulation in the Legislative Chamber
- Foster friendships with like-minded peers from across Ontario
What’s included during the three-day program:
- Continental breakfast and lunch each day
- Welcome reception including dinner
- Transportation costs for one round trip for the student to attend the program if the student's permanent residence or current residence within Ontario is further than 50 km from Toronto (receipts will be required). Travel by train, bus, air and regional transit (i.e. GO Transit) will be reimbursed; gas or mileage will not be reimbursed.
Note: Students are responsible for their own accommodation while attending the program.