Eligibility Requirements and Selection
Being a Page is sure to be one of the most exciting and memorable times of your life. It does, however, come with a number of responsibilities. If selected, you will have to study and prepare for your term of duty, wear a traditional black & white uniform, follow many rules and procedures, and commit to the program from Monday to Friday.
Students are eligible if they:
- attend school in Ontario
- are currently enrolled in grade 7 or 8; students in grade 6 are not eligible (Please note: Pages must be attending grade 7 or 8 during their term of duty at the Legislative Assembly)
- have an academic average of Level 4 or 80 % (or higher)
Students must demonstrate:
- an involvement in a variety of extra-curricular (in and out of school) and community based activities
- leadership skills
- responsibility, maturity and commitment
- an interest in current affairs
- strong interpersonal and social skills, and an ability to get along well with peers and adults.
All applicants go through an anonymous screening process to ensure fairness. Pages are selected from across all provincial ridings represented at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Please refer to the Legislative Page Program Selection Essay Rubric (PDF) to see the assessment criteria.