Eligibility and Selection: Teachers' Forum
- Applicants must be members of the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Applicants must currently teach grade 4 to 12 in Ontario.
- Applicants must currently teach or expect to be teaching in a subject area related to citizenship, civics, social studies or history.
- Applicants cannot have participated previously in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario's Teachers' Forum.
Up to twenty-five teachers from across the province will be selected to participate in the Teachers' Forum. Applicants will be ranked based on their written responses and the following criteria:
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching subjects related to citizenship, democracy, history, governance and/or parliament.
- Evidence of professional leadership in the local community and/or educational community setting.
- How you will benefit from the Teachers' Forum and how you plan to use information learned at the Forum to benefit students and teachers in your community.
- One letter of recommendation (Principal, Department Head, School Administrator).