Eligibility & Selection Criteria
This program is open to women or gender diverse individuals who are:
- Permanent residents of Ontario.
- Between the ages of 18 to 30.
- New applicants to the program.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or community contact.
- Submit an online application, including responding to the long-answer questions below.
- Demonstrate leadership, a commitment to and enthusiasm for active citizenship, democracy, governance and parliament.
- Your application will need to include answers to the following three questions, up to a maximum of 150 words each:
- Define what the word "empowerment" means to you.
- Who is a woman that inspires you? Why?
- If you were a Member of Provincial Parliament, what three priorities would you address first and why?
- Submit a letter of recommendation: Your letter should highlight your leadership, active involvement in your community, enthusiasm for governance and parliament, and respect for others.
- All applicants will go through an anonymous screening process. One applicant will be selected from each electoral district from across Ontario to ensure representation from all provincial ridings.