Eligibility Criteria - Speaker's Book Award
Authors must be Ontario residents. An Ontario resident means any author with Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status in Canada living in Ontario at the time of publication.
Books must be non-fiction.
Authors must be alive at the time of submission. Posthumously published works are not eligible.
- The content of the book should be reflective of Ontario, covering historical, regional, cultural or parliamentary aspects of the province. Special consideration will be given to works focusing on Ontario’s parliamentary heritage and on provincial political discourse.
- Books must be published for the first time within the last two (2) years.
- Reprints, new editions, textbooks, travel guide books, how-to books and manuscripts will not be considered.
- Only printed and bound copies of a book are eligible, e-books will not be considered.
- Submissions will be accepted from both publishers and authors
- Publishing companies must be based in Ontario.
- Books previously submitted are not eligible for consideration.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.