Red Tape Reduction Act
(Ministry of Citizenship, Culture
and Recreation), 1997
The Bill is part of the government's initiative to reduce red tape.
The Bill would repeal the regulation-making authority in the Ministry of Citizenship and Culture Act and would repeal the Parks Assistance Act.
An Act to reduce red tape by amending
the Ministry of Citizenship and Culture Act
and repealing the Parks Assistance Act
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
Ministry of Citizenship and Culture Act
1. Section 12 of the Ministry of Citizenship and Culture Act is repealed.
Parks Assistance Act
2. (1) The Parks Assistance Act is repealed.
(2) Despite subsection (1), section 10 of the Act continues to apply to a band under the Indian Act (Canada) or school board that established an approved park under the Act before subsection (1) came into force.
3. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
4. The short title of this Act is the Red Tape Reduction Act (Ministry of Citizenship, Culture and Recreation), 1997.