Bill 21 2007
An Act to require bilingual signs in provincial parks, parks under the control of the Niagara Parks Commission and at major provincial tourist attractions
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1. (1) All signs in the following areas and in or at the following provincial tourist attractions shall be in English and French:
1. All provincial parks designated as such under the Provincial Parks and Conservation Reserves Act, 2006.
2. Parks under the control of The Niagara Parks Commission.
3. A provincial tourist attraction prescribed by the regulations made under this Act.
(2) It is not necessary to replace an existing unilingual sign to comply with the requirement set out in subsection (1) until it is necessary or expedient to replace it for another reason.
(3) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations prescribing provincial tourist attractions for the purposes of this Act.
2. This Act comes into force on a day to be named by proclamation of the Lieutenant Governor.
3. The short title of this Act is the Provincial Parks and Major Provincial Tourist Attractions Sign Act, 2007.
The Bill proposes that unilingual signs be replaced by bilingual signs in provincial parks, parks under the control of the Niagara Parks Commission and at other prescribed provincial tourist attractions in Ontario as it becomes necessary to replace the unilingual signs.