The Bill amends the Highway Traffic Act to enable certain motor vehicle dealers to apply for permits, number plates and other things by electronic means or in an electronic format.
Bill 2 2018
An Act to amend the Highway Traffic Act
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1 The Highway Traffic Act is amended by adding the following section:
Electronic applications by motor vehicle dealers
6.1 (1) A motor vehicle dealer registered as a general dealer under the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, 2002 may do any of the following by electronic means or in an electronic format:
1. Apply for a permit, number plates or a validation for a vehicle under subsection 7 (7).
2. Apply for a new permit for a vehicle under subsection 11 (2).
3. Apply for a used vehicle information package under subsection 11.1 (2).
4. Anything else as may be prescribed.
(2) The Minister may make regulations prescribing other things for the purpose of paragraph 4 of subsection (1).
2 This Act comes into force on the first anniversary of the date on which this Act receives Royal Assent.
3 The short title of this Act is the Cutting Red Tape for Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, 2018.