Bill 98 2010
An Act to amend the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act to give the Ombudsman power in respect of the Corporation
Note: This Act amends the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act. For the legislative history of the Act, see the Table of Consolidated Public Statutes – Detailed Legislative History at www.e-Laws.gov.on.ca.
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1. The Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act is amended by adding the following section:
Application of Ombudsman Act
2.1 Subsection 12 (2) and sections 14 to 28 of the Ombudsman Act apply in respect of the Corporation as if it were a governmental organization, with necessary modifications, including but not limited to the following:
1. A reference in the Ombudsman Act to the head of a governmental organization shall be read as the officer of the Corporation prescribed by the regulations for the purposes of this paragraph.
2. A reference in the Ombudsman Act to an officer, employee or member of a governmental organization shall be read as an officer or employee of the Corporation or a member of the board of directors of the Corporation.
3. A reference in the Ombudsman Act to a legal adviser or counsel to the Crown shall be read as a legal adviser or counsel to the Corporation.
2. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
3. The short title of this Act is the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Amendment Act (Ombudsman's Powers), 2010.
The Bill amends the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act to provide that the Ombudsman's powers under the Ombudsman Act in respect of any governmental organization apply to the Corporation established under the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act. The Bill also provides for necessary modifications in the application of the Ombudsman Act.