Bill 29 2010
An Act to amend the Planning Act with respect to renewable energy undertakings
Note: This Act amends the Planning Act. For the legislative history of the Act, see the Table of Consolidated Public Statutes – Detailed Legislative History at www.e-Laws.gov.on.ca.
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1. The definitions of "renewable energy generation facility", "renewable energy project", "renewable energy testing facility", "renewable energy testing project" and "renewable energy undertaking" in subsection 1 (1) of the Planning Act are repealed.
2. (1) Clause 50 (3) (d.1) of the Act is repealed.
(2) Clause 50 (5) (c.1) of the Act is repealed.
3. Section 62.0.2 of the Act is repealed.
4. This Act comes into force on the 90th day after the day it receives Royal Assent.
5. The short title of this Act is the Planning Amendment Act (Renewable Energy Undertakings), 2010.
The Bill amends the Planning Act to reverse the effect of the amendments made to the Act by Schedule K to the Green Energy and Green Economy Act, 2009. Those amendments exempted renewable energy undertakings from the normal application of the Planning Act, including policy statements, provincial plans, official plans, demolition control by-laws, zoning by-laws and development permit regulations and by-laws.