Bill 91 2008
An Act to amend the Public Vehicles Act respecting bicycle racks on public vehicles
Note: This Act amends the Public Vehicles Act. For the legislative history of the Act, see the Table of Consolidated Public Statutes – Detailed Legislative History on www.e-Laws.gov.on.ca.
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1. Section 24 of the Public Vehicles Act is repealed and the following substituted:
24. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a public vehicle shall not carry or transport any luggage, baggage, package, trunk, crate or other load that extends beyond the body limits of the vehicle.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply with respect to public vehicles that are equipped with bicycle racks or that are transporting or carrying bicycles on bicycle racks.
2. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
3. The short title of this Act is the Public Vehicles Amendment Act (Improving Bicycle Mobility), 2008.
The Bill amends the Public Vehicles Act to exempt public vehicles equipped with bicycle racks or carrying bicycles on bicycle racks from the general restriction against carrying or transporting a load that extends beyond the body limits of the vehicle.