Bill 26 2007
An Act to amend the Day Nurseries Act to limit the approval of corporations to not for profit corporations
Note: This Act amends the Day Nurseries Act. For the legislative history of the Act, see the Table of Consolidated Public Statutes – Detailed Legislative History on www.e-Laws.gov.on.ca.
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1. Subsection 1 (1) of the Day Nurseries Act is amended by adding the following definition:
"not for profit corporation" means a not for profit corporation without share capital incorporated under the laws of Ontario or Canada that operates in Ontario; ("personne morale à but non lucratif")
2. (1) Subsection 6 (1) of the Act is amended by striking out "any corporation" and substituting "any not for profit corporation".
(2) Subsection 6 (2) of the Act is amended by striking out "a corporation" and substituting "a not for profit corporation".
(3) Section 6 of the Act is amended by adding the following subsection:
(3) Despite the amendment to subsections (1) and (2) by the Day Nurseries Amendment Act (Not for Profit Corporations), 2007, those subsections, as they read immediately before their amendment, continue to apply to corporations approved under this section before January 1, 2008.
3. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
4. The short title of this Act is the Day Nurseries Amendment Act (Not for Profit Corporations), 2007.
The Bill amends the Day Nurseries Act so that on and after January 1, 2008 only not for profit corporations will be eligible for approval under the Act.