An Act respecting Wycliffe College
The trustees of Wycliffe College have applied for special legislation concerning the powers and duties of the trustees and concerning property held in trust for the benefit of the College.
It is appropriate to grant the application.
Therefore, Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1. Sections 2, 3, 4 and 5 of An Act respecting Wycliffe College, being chapter 112 of the Statutes of Ontario, 1916, are repealed and the following substituted:
2. (1) There shall be no more than 50 trustees of the College at any time.
(2) The following matters are to be established by by-law:
1.The qualifications of persons who hold office as trustees, including any requirement to be a member of the Anglican Church of Canada.
2.The election of trustees.
3.The term of office of trustees.
4.Such other matters as the trustees consider appropriate.
Duties of trustees
3. The trustees shall govern the College and manage its property and affairs.
Power to acquire property
4. The trustees may acquire land for the purposes of the College and may dispose of the land.
Property held in trust
5. (1) Any property transferred to the trustees of the College in trust for the benefit of the College, a department of the College or the Institute of Evangelism at the College is the property of the College.
(2) Any property transferred to any person in trust for the benefit of the College, a department of the College or the Institute of Evangelism at the College is the property of the College.
(3) Property transferred to the trustees of the College in trust, as described in subsection (1), or to any person in trust, as described in subsection (2), before the Wycliffe College Act, 2000 receives Royal Assent becomes the property of the College on the day that Act receives Royal Assent.
Conditions and restrictions
(4) The transferred property remains subject to the conditions and restrictions imposed by the applicable trust documents.
2. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
3. The short title of this Act is the Wycliffe College Act, 2000.
The purpose of the Bill is set out in the Preamble.