Bill 64 1998
An Act respecting Accountability for Ministerial Travel
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
Accountability for ministerial travel
1. (1) Any member of the Executive Council of Ontario who travels to areas outside Ontario on Government of Ontario business shall, within 60 days of returning from his or her travels, submit the information set out in subsection (2) to,
(a) the Legislative Assembly if the Assembly is sitting; or
(b) if the Assembly is not sitting, to the Clerk of the Assembly.
(2) The following information shall be submitted under subsection (1):
(a) a written summary of the purpose of the travel and of any accomplishments resulting from the travel, including a listing of the benefits in terms of tangible investments and employment opportunities that the travel will bring to Ontario;
(b) a detailed statement of all expenses incurred by the member, as well as by any staff accompanying the member;
(c) a listing of individuals and organizations contacted and with whom meetings were held; and
(d) a detailed summary of the significant terms and conditions of any contract signed during the travel period.
(3) If information is submitted to the Clerk of the Assembly under clause (1) (b), the Clerk shall ensure that the information is published in The Ontario Gazette as soon as possible.
2. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
3. The short title of this Act is the Ministerial Travel Accountability Act, 1998.
The Bill requires members of the Executive Council of Ontario to submit to the Legislative Assembly or to the Clerk of the Assembly information relating to any travel by the member on government business to areas outside the Province. The information must be submitted within 60 days of the member's return from outside the Province.
Copyright © 1998
Office of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.