Bill 58 1998
An Act to amend the Ontario Heritage Act
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1. Section 34 of the Ontario Heritage Act is repealed and the following substituted:
Restriction on demolition
34. (1) No owner of property designated under this Part shall demolish or remove any building or structure on the property or permit the demolition or removal of any building or structure on the property unless, before the Ontario Heritage Amendment Act, 1998 comes into force, the owner has applied to the council of the municipality in which the property is situate and has received consent in writing to the demolition or removal.
Application for consent
(2) This section, as it read immediately before the Ontario Heritage Amendment Act, 1998 comes into force, continues to apply to an application mentioned in subsection (1).
2. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
3. The short title of this Act is the Ontario Heritage Amendment Act, 1998.
Copyright © 1998
Office of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.