Virtual Education Program
Virtual Education Program
A 45-minute program where students will be introduced to Ontario’s Parliament and government through an interactive and engaging virtual experience which relates to key concepts of their curriculum. Each program will be adapted to the group's grade level and class configuration (in-class instruction, at home learners, and hybrid classrooms) and include a virtual visit to the Legislative Chamber.
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EDT
The virtual education program will touch upon many of the same themes that are explored in our onsite education programming including the following subjects: levels of government, MPPs, ridings, parliamentary players, legislative process, civic engagement, and active citizenship depending on the groups grade level. Specific content can be included upon request (when feasible).
- The teacher requesting the program/tour must ensure the appropriate arrangements and approvals have been confirmed with the school administration.
- A teacher must be present throughout the program/tour.
- For in class programs/tours we ask that students are in a suitable space to enable them to participate, and that teachers secure the required technology.
- Our program supports the school curriculum and is designed to enhance the material already introduced by the teacher.
- Programs/tours are designed for one class with up to 40 students. Schools can submit multiple requests.
- Virtual sessions may be recorded to help improve our future programming; only groups that have indicated consent will be recorded. Teachers will be provided with a Video Permission form in advance of their program.
- For in class programs/tours a microphone, webcam, and sound is required.
- A suitable screen must enable students to see the presentation (projector, white wall, smart board)
- An internet connection is required—a wired connection is recommended.
- We use Microsoft Teams —an account is not required however, we recommend you download the free software for an optimal experience. It is recommended that teachers DO NOT screen share the program/tour through another platform. This will impact the quality of the program/tour.
- Students joining remotely will need to access the program individually via Teams.
- You will be provided with a URL meeting link to join the video call.
In order to ensure a successful program in your classroom, we will arrange a “technical check-in call” in advance of your program. If a technical check-in call is not completed your program may be cancelled if there are technical issues on the day of your program.