Sing in the Chamber
Sing in the Chamber
Ontario school choirs are invited to sing the bilingual National Anthem and God save the Queen in the Chamber, at the beginning of the day, on the first Monday of each month that the House meets.
Following their performance, students can participate in an optional guided tour and discover the historic Legislative Building. Open to elementary and secondary schools, the performance kicks off the week on a high note!
Choir programs are currently suspended until further notice
Advanced registration required.
Visitors (16 years of age +) must show a piece of government-issued photo identification upon entry.
Questions? Contact us at 416-325-0061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Due to parliamentary events, program times and activities are subject to change without notice.
- Applications must be submitted by the choir director or teacher, from an Ontario elementary or secondary school.
- The performance is limited to the bilingual versions of the national anthem and God save the Queen.
- The choir must sing a capella - instruments or other accompaniment are not permitted.
- Choirs must arrive by 9:45 a.m. to be ready to perform at 10:15 a.m. The performance time is based on the parliamentary schedule and cannot be altered.
- Due to space constraints, the maximum group size is 35.
- A guided tour is available post-performance. Tour requests must be made as soon as the performance is confirmed.
- A room will be reserved for the choir. Light snacks are permitted in the room.
- Additional guests cannot enter the Chamber with the choir. Guests accompanying the group will have to watch from the public galleries. Passes for the public galleries are available from the Legislative Protective Service at the visitors' entrance. Visitors (16 years of age +) must show a piece of government-issued photo identification upon entry.
- Guests may join the guided tour following the performance if one has been requested.
- All applicants will be contacted by e-mail regardless of whether they are selected.