Guidelines & Eligibility
- The Democracy Day program is available to Ontario school groups in grades 7 to 12 from across the province.
- Minimum number of students is 20; Maximum group size is 70, including students and chaperones.
- The teacher must request a program by completing an online request form, choosing between theme A or B
- The teacher must ensure all appropriate arrangements have been confirmed with their school administration
- A teacher must be present at all times throughout the program
- To ensure the most relevant and engaging program, students must complete an in-class activity prior to attending their Democracy Day program at the Legislature
- Duration of the full-day program is 6 hours, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Groups must arrive by 8:45 am. The duration of the half-day program is 4 hours, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Groups must arrive by 9:45 am.