Art & Architecture Program
This is a specialized program for post-secondary art history students and those interested in learning about the art and architecture of the Legislative Building. This 90-minute program consists of two segments:
- An interactive discussion in the Legislative Chamber.
- An in-depth tour of the Legislative Building focusing on the architectural details, the exhibits and artwork including the Government of Ontario Art Collection.
*Note: This program is designed to run when the House is not in session. If you would like to observe the legislature in session, the program may be modified; however the interactive discussion in the Chamber will not be available in this case.
- The architectural competition of the Legislative Building
- Architectural details and history of the Legislative Building
- The tradition of portraiture
- The Government of Ontario Art Collection
Schedule permitting, some Art and Architecture programs will include the Lieutenant Governor’s Suite and the Gathering Place Exhibit. Access to these spaces is not guaranteed.
Monday to Friday, 1:30 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:30 pm
To request a program, please fill out a request a program form. For more information, call 416-325-0061, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Due to parliamentary activities, program dates, times and activities are subject to change.