Learn more about virtual program options.
This engaging and interactive program is a unique educational experience about Ontario’s Parliament offered to students across the province in their own school.
The Community Outreach Program is a free program offered by the Parliamentary Protocol and Public Relations branch of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. All our programs are interactive, with an engaging presentation and a participatory activity. Each program is customized and we work closely with the teacher to provide the best program for their students. Programs vary in length from 60–120 minutes.
Students will learn about:
The functions of Parliament and government, key players and their responsibilities, the levels of government, the importance of youth engagement and more!
- The program is designed to enhance curriculum material introduced by the teacher. In our experience, students who have been introduced to some material benefit most from the interactive activities and are more engaged in the program.
- Requests must be submitted by the teacher or school administrator.
- The teacher requesting the program must ensure the appropriate arrangements and approvals have been confirmed with the school administration and a teacher must be present throughout the program.
- The school must provide a suitable space to accommodate the size of the group (i.e. a classroom, library, auditorium). Please note we may need to move furniture around to accommodate the program.
- Only one request per school can be submitted, however we may be able to accommodate up to two separate programs at your school. Additional programs to other schools in the surrounding area of your community will also be considered during the same visit.
- Only Ontario residents are eligible for this program.
We will also notify the school's member of provincial Parliament (MPP) who may attend during the program, depending on their availability.
- A screen or white wall is required
- Wi-fi access is an asset
- Smartboards are an asset