Students will be introduced to parliament while exploring the history of the Legislative Building. This 60-minute program consists of two parts - a visit to the Legislative Chamber watching MPPs debate or an interactive discussion when the House is not sitting and a tour of the Legislative Building.
- The roles and responsibilities of MPPs in Ontario, with reference to the concepts of political parties and the electoral process
- The roles and responsibilities of the parliamentary players, as well as the legislative process in Ontario
- Architectural features and interesting details about the Chamber and the building.
Issues we will ask students to consider:
- Who are the key parliamentary players?
- What happens in Parliament? What is a debate and parliamentary proceedings?
- How can you get involved in the legislative process?
Visit our Teaching Tools and Lesson Plans section to prepare your students prior to their visit.
Monday to Thursday (when the Legislature is sitting): *Consult the Parliamentary Calendar
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Monday to Friday (when the Legislature is not sitting*):
8:00 am - 10:00 am and 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Reservations: To book a program for your school group, please complete an online request form. For more information, call 416-325-0061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Due to parliamentary events, program dates, times and activities are subject to change without notice.