- The teacher requesting the program must ensure the appropriate arrangements and approvals have been confirmed with the school administration.
- A teacher must be present throughout the program.
- The teacher must ensure the students are in a suitable space to enable them to participate without any interruption, and must provide the required technology.
- Our program supports the school curriculum and is designed to enhance the material already introduced by the teacher.
- Maximum group size is 35 students.
- We are currently only accepting bookings for grade 5 or grade 5 split classes.
- Virtual programs must be booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Priority will be given to schools located more than 75 km from the Legislative Building in Toronto.
- Virtual sessions may be recorded to help improve our future programming; you will be required to fill out a consent form in advance for your class.
- A computer, microphone, webcam, projector, large screen or Smartboard and sound is required.
- An internet connection is required - a wired connection is recommended.
- We use Zoom video conferencing for our programs - an account is not required however, you must download the free software.
- You will be provided with a URL meeting link to join the video call.
- Students should be seated theatre style in front of the webcam and screen.
In order to ensure a successful program, we will arrange a "technical check-in call" in advance of your program to verify your technical set-up in your classroom. Please contact PPPROutreach@ola.org for more information or to book your technical check.