Eligibility Criteria and Guidelines: Speaker's Award for Youth Writers
Eligibility Criteria and Guidelines
- Writers must be in grades 7 to 12.
- Writers must reside in Ontario and attend school in Ontario.
- Original fiction and non-fiction submissions will be accepted. Poetry will not be accepted.
- Short stories or personal essays must be between 500 and 2500 words in length.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of originality, style, general presentation, as well as spelling and grammar.
- Submissions will be accepted through an online application. The next application period is March 2nd to April 15th, 2020.
- Submissions will be accepted by both individual writers and from teachers on behalf of their students. Teachers may submit up to ten personal essays/short stories per class, but no more than one per student.
- Only one submission per writer will be accepted.