Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Attend grades 10 to 12 at the time of the program;
- Attend school in Ontario;
- Provide one letter of recommendation written by a teacher, principal, vice principal or guidance counselor to support your application;
- Complete the online application including the three long answer questions below. Please note, once an application has been started, it must be completed. Applications cannot be saved.
- Submit an application online from June 15th to September 15th, 2021.
Your application will need to include answers to the following three questions, up to a maximum of 500 characters each:
- What experiences, achievements and activities have you been involved in at school or in your community that make you an ideal candidate for this program?
- What would participating in the Model Parliament program mean to you?
- Describe a situation where you had to work as part of a team to accomplish a common goal.
Answers to these questions will need to include examples to support your application demonstrating the following:
- Leadership, responsibility, teamwork
- An interest in current affairs, provincial issues and government
- Strong interpersonal and social skills (the ability to get along well with peers and adults)
- Involvement in a variety of community and extra-curricular activities
Letter of Recommendation
The letter should mention the student’s commitment to academics, behaviour in a school setting, positive attitude and respect for others, and an active involvement in their school and community.
All applicants will go through an anonymous screening process. Please refer to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario Model Parliament Selection Rubric (PDF) for the assessment criteria.