Program Highlights: Teacher's Forum
Selected teachers will have the opportunity to experience democracy at work in an engaging way by participating in a 2-day interactive program at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario in Toronto.
- Increase your understanding and knowledge of parliamentary and legislative processes.
- Observe the Legislature in action.
- Meet Members of Provincial Parliament and other key parliamentary officials.
- Gain insight to teach parliament in an engaging way.
- Network and collaborate with teachers teaching similar subjects.
- Accommodation will be provided for participants who live outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and are unable to commute to the program.
- Continental breakfast and lunch each day
- Welcome reception including dinner
- Transportation costs for one round trip will be reimbursed for participants whose Ontario residence is outside the GTA. Please consider the most cost-effective mode of transportation. For air and train travel, we will reimburse economy tickets; upgraded travel will not be covered (receipts will be required). For those commuting to the program, who live more than 50 km from the Legislative Building, daily transportation costs will be reimbursed (Mileage or GO transit only).
- Free parking at the Legislative Building can be arranged upon request for those who are commuting to the program.
Please note: Substitute teaching fees are not covered.