Program Highlights: Teacher's Forum
Selected teachers will have the opportunity to experience democracy at work in an engaging way by participating in a 2-day interactive program at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario in Toronto.
- Increase your understanding and knowledge of parliamentary and legislative processes.
- Observe the Legislature in action.
- Meet Members of Provincial Parliament and other key parliamentary officials.
- Gain insight to teach parliament in an engaging way.
- Network and collaborate with teachers teaching similar subjects.
- Accommodation will be provided for participants who live outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and are unable to commute to the program.
- Continental breakfast and lunch each day
- Welcome reception including dinner
- Transportation costs will be reimbursed for participants whose Ontario residence is outside the GTA and more than 50 km from the Legislative Building. Please consider the most cost-effective mode of transportation. For air and train travel, we will reimburse economy tickets; upgraded travel will not be covered (receipts will be required).
- Free parking at the Legislative Building can be arranged upon request for those who are commuting to the program.
Please note: Substitute teaching fees are not covered.