Eligibility and Selection: Teacher's Forum
- Applicants must be members of the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Applicants must currently teach grade 4 to 12 in Ontario.
- Applicants must currently teach or expect to be teaching in a subject area related to citizenship, civics, social studies or history.
- Applicants who have not previously participated in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario's Teacher's Forum.
Up to twenty-five teachers from across the province will be selected to participate in the Teacher's Forum. Applicants will be ranked based on their written responses and the following criteria:
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching subjects related to citizenship, democracy, history, governance and parliament.
- Evidence of professional leadership in your educational and/or local community.
- How you will benefit from the Teacher's Forum and how you plan to use information learned at the Forum to benefit students and teachers in your community.
- One letter of recommendation (Principal, Department Head, School Administrator).