Post Secondary Model Parliament - Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Be a permanent resident of Ontario. Those who are permanent residents of Ontario but attend a university/college in a different province are eligible.
- Currently be enrolled in a recognized College or University – proof of enrollment is required.
- Submit a 450-500 word essay outlining why they think they are a suitable candidate for the program.
- Provide a letter of recommendation written by a professor, teaching assistant or program coordinator supporting your application. First year students may submit a letter written by a grade 12 teacher.
- Apply between October 1st to November 15th, 2018.
Essay Question: What experiences, achievements and activities have you been involved in - at school or in your community - that make you an ideal candidate for this program?
Answer the question above in essay format using specific examples to support your application demonstrating the following:
- Leadership, responsibility, maturity and teamwork
- An interest in current affairs, provincial issues and government
- Strong interpersonal and social skills
Letter of Recommendation
The letter should outline the student’s:
- Commitment to academics
- Exemplary behaviour in a school setting
- Positive attitude Respect for others
- Active involvement in their school and their community
All applicants will go through an anonymous screening process. Students will be selected from across Ontario to ensure representation from all provincial ridings.