Selected students will have the opportunity to experience democracy at work in an engaging way. They will participate in a unique educational, interactive three day program at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario in Toronto.
- Experience first-hand how provincial parliament functions, and gain a better understanding of the key roles in parliament and government
- Discover how decisions are made in Ontario's parliament and how they can become active citizens
- Observe the Legislature in session
- Meet key figures in Ontario’s Parliament
- Participate in online discussion forums via Microsoft Teams, and in party/leadership selections
- Write a provincial bill; draft questions/responses/ministerial statements
- Participate in workshops, interactive sessions and a mock debate in the Legislative Chamber
- Foster friendships with like-minded peers from across Ontario
What’s included during the three-day program:
- Continental breakfast and lunch each day
- Welcome reception including dinner
- Transportation costs for one round trip for the student to attend the program if the student resides further than 50 km from Toronto (receipts will be required). Train, bus, air and GO Transit travel will be reimbursed; mileage will not be reimbursed.
- Supervision during program hours from approximately 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Note: Students are responsible for their own accommodation while attending the program.