Selected students will have a unique opportunity to experience democracy at work, as they participate in this educational, interactive three day program at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, culminating in a simulated session in the Chamber.
- Experience first-hand how provincial parliament functions, and gain a better understanding of the key roles in parliament and government
- Observe the Legislature in session
- Meet key figures in Ontario’s Parliament
- Participate in online discussion forums via Microsoft Teams, and in party/leadership selections
- Write a provincial bill; draft questions/responses/ministerial statements
- Participate in workshops, interactive sessions and a mock debate in the Legislative Chamber
- Foster friendships with like-minded peers from across Ontario
What’s included during the three-day program:
- Continental breakfast and lunch each day
- Welcome reception including dinner
- Transportation costs for one round trip for the student to attend the program if the student resides further than 50 km from Toronto (receipts will be required). Train, bus, air and GO Transit travel will be reimbursed; mileage will not be reimbursed.
- Supervision during program hours from approximately 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Note: Students are responsible for their own accommodation while attending the program.