Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Currently be in grades 10 to 12
- Attend school in Ontario
- Submit a 450-500 word essay responding to the essay question below, and outlining why they are a suitable candidate for the program.
- Provide one letter of recommendation written by a teacher, principal, vice principal or guidance counselor to support their application.
- Apply between September 15th to November 3rd, 2019.
Essay Question: What experiences, achievements and activities have you been involved in - at school or in your community - that make you an ideal candidate for this program?
Answer the question above in essay format using specific examples to support your application demonstrating the following:
- Leadership, responsibility, maturity and teamwork
- An interest in current affairs, provincial issues and government
- Strong interpersonal and social skills (the ability to get along well with peers and adults)
- Involvement in a variety of community and extra-curricular activities
Letter of Recommendation
The letter should outline the student’s:
- Commitment to academics
- Exemplary behaviour in a school setting
- Positive attitude
- Respect for others
- Active involvement in their school and their community
All applicants will go through an anonymous screening process. Students will be selected from across Ontario to ensure representation from all provincial ridings. Please refer to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario Model Parliament Selection Rubric (PDF) for the assessment criteria.