- The Community Exhibits Program accepts exhibits that feature stories of the people or events that have shaped Ontario’s communities.
- Exhibits must fit into one of the available exhibit cases - there are four different sizes.
- Exhibits must be non-political and non-partisan.
- Promotional or commercial exhibits are not permitted.
- Inclusion of three-dimensional objects is strongly encouraged.
- Final exhibit text will be bilingual (French and English). Translation services are provided by the Legislative Assembly of Ontario.
- A Loan Agreement must be signed by all participating institutions upon installation of their exhibit.
- A general theme or story is required for the application. Exhibit text does not need to be finalized in order to apply.
- Accepted participants will be informed of a deadline for all exhibition text including captions for photos and object labels. All text must not exceed 400 words. This includes a main text panel and all captions. Any text submitted after the deadline for translation cannot be included in the exhibit.
- The Legislative Assembly of Ontario will print and mount all text panels and labels for each exhibit.
- We would be pleased to print high-quality photo images, provided the institution submits electronic files by the text and image deadline.