About the Legislative Building

Ontario's Legislative Building sits on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation. The building at Queen's Park was officially opened on April 4th, 1893, after six years of construction. The area of Queen’s Park was an important gathering place for First Nations communities, and this land was once home to other distinct Indigenous groups, including the Huron and the Haudenosaunee.

Architecture drawing of the Legislative Building
Photo of Richard A. Waite, architect of the Legislative Building
View of East Wing - 3rd Floor
View of West Wing - First Floor
View of the North Wing
View of the Legislative Building c. 1900