2022 Speaker’s Book Award shortlist is announced
TORONTO, June 27, 2022 – In thanking all authors and publishers for their submissions, the Honourable Ted Arnott, Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, is pleased to announce the 2022 Speaker’s Book Award Shortlist:
- Cobalt: Cradle of the Demon Metals, Birth of a Mining Superpower, Charlie Angus (House of Anansi, 2022)
- Shift Change: Scenes from a Post-Industrial Revolution, Stephen Dale (Between the Lines, 2021)
- Murder on the Inside: The True Story of the Deadly Riot at Kingston Penitentiary, Catherine Fogarty (Biblioasis, 2021)
- The Girl in the Middle: Growing Up Between Black and White, Rich and Poor, Anais Granofsky (HarperCollins Publishers Ltd., 2022)
- In the Public Good: Eugenics and Law in Ontario, C. Elizabeth Koester (McGill-Queen's University Press, 2021)
- We Were Dreamers: An Immigrant Superhero Origin Story, Simu Liu (HarperCollins Publishers Ltd., 2022)
Started in 2012 by Speaker Dave Levac, the Speaker’s Book Award celebrates non-fiction works by Ontario authors covering historical and cultural aspects of the province and its residents. Special consideration is given to books focusing on Ontario’s parliamentary heritage and on provincial political discourse.
The winning entry will be announced in the fall. More information about the Speaker’s Book Award, as well as a list of this year’s shortlist books, can be found on the Speaker’s Book Award website.
For more information, please contact David Bogart, Communications Officer, Parliamentary Protocol and Public Relations, at email@example.com or 416-325-7500.