JP001 - Thu 28 Oct 2021 / Jeu 28 oct 2021



Thursday 28 October 2021 Jeudi 28 octobre 2021

Appointment of subcommittee


The committee met at 0900 in committee room 1 and by video conference.

The Vice-Chair (Mme Lucille Collard): Good morning, everyone. I call this meeting to order.

MPP Barrett has just joined us in person in the room.

We have the following members participating remotely: MPP Hogarth, MPP Kusendova, MPP Morrison, MPP Bailey, MPP Coe—


The Vice-Chair (Mme Lucille Collard): Yes, MPP Morrison?

Ms. Suze Morrison: It looks like there’s a phone line that has joined in, and I’m not sure who that is.


The Vice-Chair (Mme Lucille Collard): I was just told by the Clerk that somebody is on the phone. Can you please speak up, indicate who you are and where you are located?

Mr. Kevin Yarde: It’s MPP Yarde. I’m at home in Brampton North. The link is not working, so I have to go by phone.

The Vice-Chair (Mme Lucille Collard): Thank you, MPP Yarde.

Because we have somebody on the phone, when we proceed with the vote, we’ll have to do a roll call. The Clerk will call each of you and ask for your vote. During the vote process, if you have technical difficulties, and if we lose video of a member, we will conduct the vote through a roll call process, which is what we’re going to do. We’re going to start by asking, “Are the members ready to vote?” and the Clerk will call out each voting member’s name. You can reply “aye” for a vote in favour and “nay” for a vote against or “abstain” if you would like to abstain from voting on the matter. We are asking you to actually say “abstain” so that we can know for sure that the reason you haven’t answered isn’t because of technical difficulties.

We are also joined by staff from legislative research and Hansard, and broadcast and recording is here in the room.

To make sure that everyone can understand what is going on, it is important that all participants speak slowly and clearly. Please wait until I recognize you before starting to speak.

Appointment of subcommittee

The Vice-Chair (Mme Lucille Collard): The business this morning is the appointment of the subcommittee on committee business. Pursuant to the order of the House dated October 20, 2021, a change to the composition of the subcommittee on committee business is required.

I will now entertain a motion for the replacement of subcommittee member MPP Parm Gill. MPP Kusendova?

Ms. Natalia Kusendova: I move that MPP Skelly be appointed to the subcommittee on committee business.

The Vice-Chair (Mme Lucille Collard): Is there any discussion? No. Are members ready to vote? All right. We’re going to proceed with the roll call.

The Clerk of the Committee (Ms. Thushitha Kobikrishna): It actually looks like MPP Yarde is able to join us by Zoom, so I’m going to add him in. This might go a little faster.

The Vice-Chair (Mme Lucille Collard): I’m just going to wait to see that Mr. Yarde is connected by audio. He is, in fact. All right. So we have everyone. We can see everyone, and we should be able to hear everyone, so we’ll proceed by a show of hands.

All those in favour, please raise your hand. All those opposed? None. The motion is carried.

Is there other business? There’s no other business, so the meeting is now adjourned. Thank you very much, everyone. Have a great Thursday.

The committee adjourned at 0905.


Chair / Président

Mr. Daryl Kramp (Hastings–Lennox and Addington PC)

Vice-Chair / Vice-Présidente

Mme Lucille Collard (Ottawa–Vanier L)

Mme Lucille Collard (Ottawa–Vanier L)

Ms. Christine Hogarth (Etobicoke–Lakeshore PC)

Mr. Daryl Kramp (Hastings–Lennox and Addington PC)

Ms. Natalia Kusendova (Mississauga Centre / Mississauga-Centre PC)

Mr. Jim McDonell (Stormont–Dundas–South Glengarry PC)

Ms. Suze Morrison (Toronto Centre / Toronto-Centre ND)

Mr. Randy Pettapiece (Perth–Wellington PC)

Mr. Gurratan Singh (Brampton East / Brampton-Est ND)

Ms. Donna Skelly (Flamborough–Glanbrook PC)

Ms. Effie J. Triantafilopoulos (Oakville North–Burlington / Oakville-Nord–Burlington PC)

Mr. Kevin Yarde (Brampton North / Brampton-Nord ND)

Substitutions / Membres remplaçants

Mr. Robert Bailey (Sarnia–Lambton PC)

Mr. Toby Barrett (Haldimand–Norfolk PC)

Mr. Lorne Coe (Whitby PC)

Clerk / Greffière

Ms. Thushitha Kobikrishna

Staff / Personnel

Mr. Andrew McNaught, research officer,
Research Services