In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Office of the Legislative Assembly is operating with reduced staff on site while the majority of staff is working remotely. This is to prioritize the health and safety of staff, MPPs, and visitors, while we continue to support the work of the Legislature.
Here is some information about the current status of services and operations at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario:
- Building access: Onsite tours are currently suspended. Virtual options are available. Public access to the building for legislative or parliamentary business is by appointment only during this time. If you have an appointment, please note that you will be asked screening questions upon arrival. You will also be required to wear a mask or face covering in the building. For more information about accessing the building, please visit Building access.
- House: You can find the next scheduled sitting day by visiting our home page or the Current agenda page.
Committees: See when committees are scheduled to meet by viewing the committee weekly schedule.
- Sessional papers: Until further notice, sessional paper documents for ministries, agencies, boards, and commissions will only be accepted if tabled electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your ministry, agency, board, or commission is unable to table electronically, please contact William Short, Director, House Publications and Language Services, at 416-325-7400 or email@example.com.
- Job postings: Competitions for positions at the Legislative Assembly may be delayed during the COVID-19 pandemic. View our Current opportunities.
- Website (ola.org): For assistance with the website, contact the web team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an MPP or legislative staff, please visit the Members’ Portal for more information on services and support available to you during this time.