In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Office of the Legislative Assembly is operating with reduced staff on site while the majority of staff is working remotely. This is to prioritize the health and safety of staff, MPPs, and visitors, while we continue to support the work of the Legislature.
Here is some information about the current status of services and operations at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario:
- Press conferences: Updates from Dr. David Williams, Chief Medical Officer of Health, and Dr. Barbara Yaffe, Associate Chief Medical Officer of Health, will be broadcast on Mondays and Thursdays at 3 p.m. (subject to change) on the Ontario parliamentary channel and on the video page of our website.
- Building access: Tours are suspended. Limited outdoor tours by reservation only. Public access to the building for legislative or parliamentary business is by appointment only during this time. If you have an appointment, please note that you will be asked screening questions upon arrival. For more information about accessing the building, please visit Building access.
- House: The House is not sitting as regularly scheduled. You can find the next scheduled sitting day by visiting our home page or the Current agenda page.
Committees: See when committees are scheduled to meet by viewing the committee weekly schedule.
- Sessional papers: Until further notice, sessional paper documents for ministries, agencies, boards, and commissions will only be accepted if tabled electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your ministry, agency, board, or commission is unable to table electronically, please contact William Short, Senior Clerk, House Documents at 416-212-5411 or email@example.com.
- Job postings: Competitions for positions at the Legislative Assembly may be delayed during the COVID-19 pandemic. View our Current opportunities.
- Website (ola.org): For assistance with the website, contact the web team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an MPP or legislative staff, please visit the Members’ Portal for more information on services and support available to you during this time.