Keeping Ontario's Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs - from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is dedicated to serving Ontario’s Parliament.
Together, we provide non-partisan administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration, and excellence.
(12 month contract: July 2020 to July 2021)
The Information Services Branch of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario is looking for a Web Editor to join our agile, people-focused team. The Web Editor will help people understand the work of the Legislative Assembly through editorial planning, content publishing, and quality assurance of ola.org and internal websites.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Take editorial responsibility for making web content available, useful and useable.
- Write, edit and post content including text, graphics, and video to public and internal web-based content management systems sometimes under tight deadlines.
- Actively monitor Assembly websites and make sure that production standards and content guidelines are met.
- Be a first point of contact for the public and contributors looking for help and advice.
- Lightly edit other people's copy and write short content pieces of your own.
- Arrange and manage the translation and posting of English content into French.
You’ll support our collaboration as you:
- Participate in planning and implementing new web content and features.
- Contribute to web and editorial standards.
- Work as part of a team delivering a variety of digital projects.
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- University-level degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years’ web editorial or web content management experience
- Clear and succinct writing and editing skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience working with web content and web content management systems including Drupal, SharePoint and some knowledge of HTML.
- Great attention to detail and ability to work independently while managing deadlines.
If you join our team, you can expect:
- To work with a team of dedicated professionals.
- To engage with business and technical partners across the Assembly.
- To be encouraged and supported to grow your career through training and development.
Salary Range: $56,322 to $77,945 per annum
File No.: LA-2020-41
Closing Date: Monday, July 13, 2020