Keeping Ontario's Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs - from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is dedicated to serving Ontario’s Parliament.
Together, we provide non-partisan administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration, and excellence.
Control Room Director
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario seeks a Control Room Director who, as part of our Broadcast and Recording Service Branch, in Toronto, ON, will provide live television and audio coverage of the proceedings of the House and Committees of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Apply your Broadcast Operator experience to oversee the production as the Primary Director in the Main Control Room
- Develop and create a cohesive production value for the House and special broadcasts
You’ll support our collaboration as you:
- Act as the Primary Director to the Main Control Room ensuring the accuracy of all information broadcast in conjunction with assigned staff
- Ensure appropriate signal distribution and will maintain high quality programming in the absence of the Operations Manager
- Provide leadership and train other staff within the Branch in the performance of technical duties
- Contribute to small team production by showing your ability with remote camera, switching and/or graphics
- Take the lead on special projects, shoots and extra productions for the Branch
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- Minimum of two years of post-secondary training in broadcasting, and proven experience to plan and coordinate video pathways and operate broadcasting equipment to produce video programs
- Knowledge of Broadcast standards, appropriate signal distribution, remote camera systems, switchers and/or graphics systems.
- Directing experience with live multi-camera productions and/or supervision of others in a Broadcast setting
- Awareness and adherence to the stated mandate of the Branch and broadcast industry standards
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, and demanding environment; be flexible and have the skills to foster positive working relationships
If you join our team, you can expect:
- A comprehensive benefit and pension package
- A dynamic work environment
- To work with a team of dedicated professionals
- To be encouraged and supported to grow your career through training and development
Range Minimum: $62,011 per annum
File No.: LA-2019-50
Closing Date: Thursday, October 17, 2019